Today is election day.
There are some basic points you need to remember when looking at claims that we need to build lots more houses in Cornwall:
1) Most demand comes from people moving to Cornwall rather than local need;
2) The demand for second homes/holiday homes means many houses are not used to house people;
3) Building more houses will not result in lower house prices;
4) There are far more houses than households in Cornwall;
5) Building more houses does not boost the economy or create more jobs!
And – has your candidate agreed to the pledges in ‘A Charter for Cornwall’?