With the Consultation out today (for six weeks), of the latest changes to the ‘Local Plan’, – its more and more houses! Cornwall a Developers’ Paradise has some good reasons as to why 52,500 houses is not a good idea!
1. We need a breathing space.
2. This target increases the rate of building.
3. We do not need 52,500 houses.
4. Cornwall’s ability to accommodate an ever larger population is finite.
5. Cornwall’s special character is being threatened by such a high rate of housing growth.
6. The housing target infringes the Framework Convention for the Protection of National Minorities by altering the ethnic mix of Cornwall.
7. Doubling the housing stock in Cornwall since the 1960s has seen the problem of affordability get worse, not better.
8. Cornwall Council’s planners have been captured by the developers.