What will 2014 bring?
We can make some easy guesses!
- More rhetoric about building houses – with little awareness of what is meant by ‘need’ or what happens to the houses that are built!
- Lots more applications for housing in Cornwall!
- A continuing regurgitation of the myths about development
- Extra jobs (no they are not more for the existing population, they will be needed for the extra jobseekers);
- More green space (ah yes replacing a green space with a much smaller green space!);
- Improvements to the road network (no – not really just more space to accommodate the extra cars!);
- It will put ‘wherever’ on the map! (no idea what that really means!)
- With more housing we will get more shops (wow, yes that’s a big advance for us all);
- It will power the economy (aha that will work!)
What we will not hear about is:
- Cutting our carbon output (don’t be silly no-one believes in or cares about climate change!);
- The impact of second homes or holiday lets on house prices (ah they probably do not have any effect!);
- Anything which is really meaningful in terms of green policy!
Well that’s a start! Happy New Year!